GPT-4 Turbo: OpenAI’s New and Improved Language Model
OpenAI, the research company behind the groundbreaking GPT-4 language model, has unveiled a new and improved version of its product. GPT-4 Turbo, as it is called, promises to offer better performance, lower costs, and more protection for developers and customers.
Table of Contents
What is GPT-4 Turbo?
GPT-4 Turbo is the latest iteration of OpenAI’s large language model (LLM), which can generate text, code, images, and speech from natural language prompts. It is currently in preview mode and will be available for production soon.
GPT-4 Turbo has several advantages over the previous version of GPT-4, which was released in March 2023. Here are some of them:
- Updated knowledge base: GPT-4 Turbo has been trained on more recent data, up to April 2023, while GPT-4 only learned from data up to September 2021. This means that GPT-4 Turbo can produce more relevant and accurate results based on the latest information.
- Larger context window: GPT-4 Turbo can process more data at once, with a context window of 128K tokens, which is equivalent to more than 300 pages of text in a single prompt. A larger context window allows it to understand the query better and generate more coherent and comprehensive responses. GPT-4 had two versions, one with a context window of 8K tokens and another with 32K tokens.
- Lower costs: It is cheaper to use for developers, as it charges only $0.01 per 1,000 tokens for input and $0.03 per 1,000 tokens for output. GPT-4 charged $0.03 per 1,000 tokens for both input and output. This means that GPT-4 Turbo is three times more cost-effective than GPT-4.
- More functionality: GPT-4 Turbo retains the same features as GPT-4, such as accepting image prompts, and text-to-speech requests, and integrating DALL-E 3, a feature that can generate images from text. In addition, It can perform more complex tasks in one prompt, such as generating code in different languages, such as XML or JSON.
What about GPT-3.5 Turbo?
GPT-3.5 Turbo is another version of OpenAI’s large language model, which was released in March 2023 and is designed for non-chat usage. GPT-3.5 Turbo has also been updated with the same improvements as GPT-4 Turbo, such as a larger context window of 16K tokens, lower costs of $0.01 for input and $0.002 for output, and more functionality.
GPT-3.5 Turbo can also be fine-tuned, which means that developers can customize it for specific domains or tasks.
How does OpenAI protect its customers?
OpenAI has also announced a new program called Copyright Shield, which aims to protect its customers from legal claims related to copyright infringement. This program follows the example of Google and Microsoft, which have also offered similar protections to their customers using their generative AI products.
According to OpenAI, Copyright Shield will cover the generally available features of ChatGPT Enterprise and OpenAI’s developer platform. ChatGPT Enterprise is a chatbot service that uses GPT-4 to provide natural and engaging conversations. OpenAI’s developer platform is a suite of tools and APIs that allow developers to access and integrate GPT-4 and GPT -3.5 Turbo into their applications.
OpenAI says that it will defend its customers and pay the costs incurred if they face legal claims related to the content generated by its products. This way, OpenAI hopes to encourage more innovation and experimentation with its large language models, without worrying about the legal risks.
We can defend our customers and pay the costs incurred if you face legal claims around copyright infringementCopyright shield is available to ChatGPT Enterprise and API users.
GPT-4 Turbo is OpenAI’s new and improved large language model, which offers better performance, lower costs, and more protection for developers and customers. It is currently in preview mode and will be available for production soon.
GPT-3.5 Turbo, another version of OpenAI’s large language model, has also been updated with the same improvements. OpenAI has also launched a new program called Copyright Shield, which aims to protect its customers from legal claims related to copyright infringement.
GPT-4 Turbo is a remarkable product that showcases the potential of generative AI and natural language processing. It can be used for various purposes, such as content creation, data analysis, education, entertainment, and more. If you are interested in trying out GPT-4 Turbo or learning more about it, you can visit OpenAI’s website or join their developer conference.
- Empowerment 360: Conquering Algorithmic Bias for 21st Century Fair Employment
- AI-Powered Living 2.0: Navigating the Intersection of Modern Lifestyle and Smart Technology
- AI’s Sonographic Marvel: A Technological Breakthrough
- Elevating Airforce Excellence: The Future Flight with AI Wings and Cutting-Edge Tools
- AMD Predicts $45B AI Chip Market by 2024
- AMD GPUs Fuel Meta, Microsoft, OpenAI’s AI
- AI News224
- Generative AI28
- Software Development13
- Machine Learning11
- Real Estate8
- AI in HR8
- Web development8
- Open AI7
- App Development6
- AI Music6
- AI ChatBot6
- Product Development6
- AI in Healthcare5
- Healthcare 4.04
- Digital Transformation4
- HR 2.04
- Custom Web App Development4
- AI Technology3
- Artificial Intelligence3
- Deep learning3
- AI in Future3
- AI in Travel3
- Quantum AI3
- AI Talent Solutions3
- Aerospace Technology2
- Mobile App Development2
- gemini ai2