AI Technology Turns Sight into Sound
Table of Contents
Imagine being able to see the world through your ears. Sounds impossible, right? Well, not anymore. HearSight is a device that can describe the visual world through spoken words, using cutting-edge AI technology. It can help users with navigation, face recognition, and currency identification.
According to icevi.org, It is estimated that 285 million people worldwide are visually impaired. They frequently require assistance from others in order to navigate, recognize, read, and identify. This device can help them with a variety of tasks, including face recognition, currency identification, navigation, and offline operation. And assist them in reducing their reliance on others.
It can operate without an internet connection, which means it can be accessed anytime and anywhere. It can converse in seven different languages and connect to a mobile app for extended functionality.
HearSight was proudly designed, manufactured, and launched in India.
How does HearSight’s AI technology work?
HearSight is a small device that can be worn as a headset or attached to any pair of glasses. It has a camera that takes images of its surroundings and sends them to an AI technology that analyzes them and generates natural language descriptions.
These descriptions are then read aloud to the user via a speaker or earphone. HearSight can also be accessed via voice commands or a mobile app.
Some of the features of HearSight are:
- Navigation: It acts as a reliable guide, assisting users in crossing roads safely and navigating unfamiliar terrains. Navigate the user to a destination by providing directions and landmarks.
- Face Recognition: With the ability to store up to 100 faces in its database, this device can assist users in identifying people by name when they come across them.
- Currency Identification: It can recognize and relay information about currency notes, increasing financial independence. Identify currency and tell the user its value and denomination.
HearSight can also provide additional information about the visual world that may not be obvious or accessible to visually impaired people. For example, it can:
- Describe colors, shapes, sizes, distances, and textures of objects.
- Read texts from books, signs, menus, labels, etc.
- Tell the time from clocks or watches.
- Comment on the weather, the scenery, or the atmosphere.
How accurate is face recognition in HearSight?
According to the website of HearSight, the device has a face recognition accuracy of 98.7%. This means that it can correctly identify the faces of registered people in most cases, even in different lighting conditions and angles.
However, the accuracy may vary depending on the quality of the camera, the distance from the face, and the presence of any occlusions or disguises.
Face recognition is a challenging task for both humans and machines, as there are many factors that can affect the perception and recognition of faces. However, modern facial recognition systems have improved significantly over the years and can achieve high accuracy scores on standard assessments. Some researchers claim that facial recognition systems can even surpass the human eye in some scenarios.
Can it recognize objects other than faces?
Yes, it can. HearSight can recognize objects other than faces, such as animals, plants, vehicles, and furniture. It can also describe the color, shape, and size of the objects.
Can it recognize text and read aloud?
Yes, it can. HearSight can recognize text and read aloud, using a feature called Text-to-Speech (TTS). It can use natural AI voices to read PDFs, websites, and books aloud.
HearSight is a groundbreaking device that can help visually impaired people discover the world with more ease and confidence. It is a device that can describe the visual world through spoken words, using cutting-edge AI technology.
- Empowerment 360: Conquering Algorithmic Bias for 21st Century Fair Employment
- AI-Powered Living 2.0: Navigating the Intersection of Modern Lifestyle and Smart Technology
- AI’s Sonographic Marvel: A Technological Breakthrough
- Elevating Airforce Excellence: The Future Flight with AI Wings and Cutting-Edge Tools
- AMD Predicts $45B AI Chip Market by 2024
- AMD GPUs Fuel Meta, Microsoft, OpenAI’s AI
- AI News224
- Generative AI28
- Software Development13
- Machine Learning11
- Real Estate8
- AI in HR8
- Web development8
- Open AI7
- App Development6
- AI Music6
- AI ChatBot6
- Product Development6
- AI in Healthcare5
- Healthcare 4.04
- Digital Transformation4
- HR 2.04
- Custom Web App Development4
- AI Technology3
- Artificial Intelligence3
- Deep learning3
- AI in Future3
- AI in Travel3
- Quantum AI3
- AI Talent Solutions3
- Aerospace Technology2
- Mobile App Development2
- gemini ai2